As an international business specialist, Julie’s primarily focuses on market entry strategies for U.S. companies expanding overseas. Typical projects include country analysis, market analysis and business partner identification for diverse industries such as corporate, retail and non-profits. Julie also serves as an offset service provider working with defense contractors to provide funding for companies creating new business overseas with a focus on Fortune 500 companies. Her work has taken her to six countries across three continents.
Julie is passionate about giving back to organizations and communities. She works with local institutions overseas to connect them with international organizations. She initiated the Get on Board pilot program with the Dallas Regional Chamber to match highly motivated young professionals with local nonprofits that have open board seats. Julie serves on the board of directors for World Affairs Council, Global Chamber Dallas, Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations, Community Homes for Adults Incorporated and Thunderbird School of Global Management. She is the President of the Thunderbird DFW Alumni Chapter.
Julie is available for speaking engagements. Recent presentations include:
Careers in International Business (Dec 2016)
• Junior World Affairs Council Career Day Offset 101 (Sept 2015)
• Thunderbird School of Global Management Keynote Speaker on Global Business (Dec 2015)
• AIESEC Conference Global Market Entry Methods (Nov 2015)
• District Export Council Careers in Exporting (Nov 2015)
• District Export Council Intro to Offset/Countertrade (Nov 2015)
• District Export Council Serving on a Nonprofit Board (Sept 2015)
• Dallas Regional Chamber Intro to Offset/Countertrade (May 2015)
• State Department Int’l Visitor Leadership Program